B Model Starting Troubles

I cant seam to get the B to spin over. After hooking up the new 12V starter installing 2 new bulldog 950 CCA battires, new batt cables. and all It will do is crank over the engine 1 or 2 turns.

I thought the cables may be to small so I took one batt off and connected it to a sepret old set of cables and saw no change. I tested the new batts on my R model and could easly start the R model with only the 2 batts. Im kinda lost to the problem?. Only things I have noticed is that the cables will move when I jump a wire from the batt to the silonoid. (no ignition switch yet)

I did have a bees nest inthe exhaust manafold, could they have gotton into the cyl and made a mess???

any thoughts??

Trent

How long since the 'B' has been started?

Will the batteries turn the engine over time after time but only 1-2 revs each time?

It's normal for the cables to jump. It's caused by the high amp draw through the cables, making a magnetic field.

Packer

Keep a clutchin'

Could you have rust in the cylinder/pistons?

Takes a lot of juice to turn a rusted motor! The fact that it turns every time says that the batteries are trying, but "if" there is rust,gunk, bee hives, old stiff oil. a rag,- - - whatever. That could be taking the magic smoke and using it to turn over the engine, but jams every thing tight. (rust, gunk,etc.)

Might be rusted liners,rings,pistons,crankshaft, from sitting so long without oil in the bores and on the bearings.

Here's a thought - - - Is the truck in netural? I'm not trying to insult you! But stranger things have happened! (I ain't laffin)

Packer

Keep a clutchin'

Here's a thought - - - Is the truck in netural? I'm not trying to insult you! But stranger things have happened! (I ain't laffin)

Packer

No insult taken LOL. Seen plenty of people (myself included ) try to start a truck in gear :wacko:

Gear levers are in netural, and tires do spin when I drag it to the shop to work on it.

I am thinking along the same lines you speak of. Rust or gunk in the cyl. I have the fuel filter primed with new fuel mixed with ATF. I have a hand primer and can get the fuel to spill out the return line so I figure the fuel system is ready to go after I crack the injectors.

I will try to pull start her when I get someone to drive the pull truck