Mp8 won't start

On 5/22/2024 at 12:11 PM, Joey Mack said:

Has anyone tried to see of power goes to the celenoid while someone trys to start it? 

The starter has the two selonoid the big one on starter and smaller one on top.the two wires on smaller selonoid are hot,if you jump it with a ground the engine turns over but won't start.

You think it might be a safety issue or sensor?

Posted (edited)

The two hot wires threw me for a loop when we were getting a spare engine running in a parts truck we bought. It uses a switched ground to run the solenoid. So both sides will test hot, but the power can't travel til you supply a sufficient ground.

Edited by JoeH

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

The two hot wires threw me for a loop when we were getting a spare engine running in a parts truck we bought. It uses a switched ground to run the solenoid. So both sides will test hot, but the power can't travel til you supply a sufficient ground.

The ECM is the one that sends the ground?

The Volvo Macks eont start if there are some faults, especialy if it has an M Drive transmission.

10 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

The Volvo Macks eont start if there are some faults, especialy if it has an M Drive transmission.

It has a 10 speed 

My last resort is going to be putting all new sensor and wire harness .if it still don't work I'm going to just keep it for parts .I had the engine rebuilt last year .wire harness is 1600 at the Mack 

Oh my....  I wish i could remember how i did that 09'....  I had it set so with the key on i could push the start button and it fired up..

3 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Oh my....  I wish i could remember how i did that 09'....  I had it set so with the key on i could push the start button and it fired up..

I want to put one but they tell me I can't by pass the ecm

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

It would be nice to know what fault codes the truck has....

Mack dealer said the ecm and cluster where bad .but wouldn't work on it cause deleted

I put new ecm ,cluster ,starter worked fine for 2 days ,no codes is what mechanic said ,but he said the ecm is fried too didn't even drive it a mile with the ecm,

I'm picking it up Tuesday and just going to park it .