Mp8 won't start

Hello...I was wondering if anyone can help me with my issue..I got a 2013 Mack with a Mp8, The truck wouldn't start so I took it to the dealer they told me the computer and cluster where bad,I replaced them both because they said they couldn't cause it's deleted,when I replaced them it started perfect ,but after a couple of days it won't start through the key...it has a solenoid on starter and a smaller one.both wires on smaller solenoid are hot and doesn't make any difference if key switch is on or off,truck been sitting up for a couple of months can't find anyone who can figure it out.Has a brand new starter too.

will it start with the key in the 'ON' position?  is it wired up correctly, one of the wires has a red band on it.. 

• Like 1

Yes it's wired correct,my understanding is that there is 2 hot wires on smaller solenoid then you turn key switch forward it sends ground ,but it's not sending ground.and I really hadn't tried starting it from the starter with the switch on.mechanic told me today computer is bad ,I just put it a month ago

well, deleted trucks cause lots of issues, do you have one of those hth?id=OPHS.CFjlCILuPJMP8g474C474&o=5&pid=21.1&w=174&h=174and held push buttons to clip to the starter? then turn the key on and see if it fires up.

Yes I do but I hadn't tried it ,I took it to the mechanic but I'm going to pick it up tomm.could I by bypass the switch and just put a push button ? Or will the ECM not let it?

29 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

well, deleted trucks cause lots of issues, do you have one of those hth?id=OPHS.CFjlCILuPJMP8g474C474&o=5&pid=21.1&w=174&h=174and held push buttons to clip to the starter? then turn the key on and see if it fires up.

Almost sounds like the Solenoid may be broken inside maybe??

I may be jumping too far ahead, but I got a 2009 that was deleted, to start and run right  by using a starter button.  the 39 MT starter in your truck is pretty good, the little space ship celenoid that is bolted to it can fail, but I think you said yours is new.  I am not very smart about deleted DPF/DEF trucks, so I wont be much help...  

3 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

I may be jumping too far ahead, but I got a 2009 that was deleted, to start and run right  by using a starter button.  the 39 MT starter in your truck is pretty good, the little space ship celenoid that is bolted to it can fail, but I think you said yours is new.  I am not very smart about deleted DPF/DEF trucks, so I wont be much help...  

Yes I put brand new starter from Mack and 2000.00 dollar cluster and put a new ECM.it started fine when installed but after a few days same crap it had before..

Every once in awhile it would start but I hadn't had luck lately.i was able to go the next day it would start I shut it off tried it again and nothing .

I dont know what to tell you Bud,,,   dont know why the truck is deleted, the G-Men made truck builders put big issues in the ECM's if they get deleted, so that you would get it in the A$$ when all you want to do is make a living.   

1 minute ago, Joey Mack said:

I dont know what to tell you Bud,,,   dont know why the truck is deleted, the G-Men made truck builders put big issues in the ECM's if they get deleted, so that you would get it in the A$$ when all you want to do is make a living.   

Thanks ..I bought the truck deleted I have 7 macks and all deleted 😂 and 1 international with a maxxfoce 😂 

can't contribute much here; too new for me . question I do have is (based on old school) why are both wires on small solenoid hot ?? 39 MT  another question . were they not 45 ?MT's  just so many letters/ numbers in today's iron. prices ??? unheard of . keep going Jo jo, it's late but learning for me has no time schedule

5 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Im in bed, trying to figure out how to post pictures with my new phone in sidetrack thread.

now it's time to say good night to all our company!! M I C K E Y   M  O  U  S  E .    you young folk  HAVE  to shut the mechanics down ;  came close to throwing trailer owner out of shop today == his son had sports practice. I said " don't do what I did and put work first" . he text me  thanking me , his son was over joyed Dad showed up. point is SIR  put the phone down go to sleep. 😄

1 hour ago, Zeuz said:

Yes it's new ,starter,cluster and ECM.

Hmmm it almost Sounds like the Solenoid is damaged or the terminal may be broken inside not allowing it to make contact or allowing it to until it gits hot....Not sure with out it being in front of me....