Door panels

I know it's Been talked about can't seen to find it but  talking door panels off R model cab  helpful hints I've never taken one off I  know the track is attached to it thanks 

all outer philips head boats removed . IMPORTANT == the 3 = three screws 0n door latch removed ; leave the door handle/ window crank attached  for panel removal. a slight shimmy/ shake panel will drop down low enough to remove assembly.

• Like 1

part 2 - knew I forgot some thing earlier post. IF door has the key tumbler still intact ' with the key in lock (helps hold tumbler - not needed ) with a pair of needle nose pliers on inner door next to door latch   remove thin tumbler locker. has a bend to keep it in place, push toward outer shell then pull out of door. sounds technical = it's not . thin locker will pull out 3/4 way out =remove tumbler . simple two minute job.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes if your aim is good,, getting the stem to hit its target can test your patience.   But yes, as Mech says, 2 minute job..  

• Like 2

I love messin with you.. yes,, you can change out the door locks in a few minutes....  and the ign. switch. is not too bad either..  just need a 10'' adjustable and a pick to get that done..  :) 

• Like 1

Not quite understanding the door lock situation. I have always removed the door lock first are you saying the later models did not have the removable spring loaded lock from outside?… bob

making a repair to squeaking window VS going in for rebuild/ paint  is little different. to make easy roll less noise a can of lube having a plastic extension on nozzle works wonders. roll window up stick spray extension  between window and door channel then spray area which the crank mechanism is approximately located along with side channels . too much spray you have a mess and grease rolls out bottom= paint won't stick. window up puts less grease on glass also mechanism near top . reality it's better to remove complete  window panel and do it right under your situation of owning and painting  truck.

• Like 1