Pogey

Just wanted to drop a line and say hi to everybody.

My boss just bought me a 2015 CHU 613 with the 505C and m-drive. We are a heavy haul company, usually grossing out around 123,000 pounds. So, we got the 14,600 fronts and the 46,000 rears. Also upgraded to the biggest frame we could get. It also has the air ride suspension and 3.58 gears.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2024 at 8:45 PM, Pogey said:

Just wanted to drop a line and say hi to everybody.

My boss just bought me a 2015 CHU 613 with the 505C and m-drive. We are a heavy haul company, usually grossing out around 123,000 pounds. So, we got the 14,600 fronts and the 46,000 rears. Also upgraded to the biggest frame we could get. It also has the air ride suspension and 3.58 gears.

Welcome Pogey,

25+years ago I was moving the same type loads, 12,000 front axle with 16,000 lbs springs, 40K rears, and a 23K pusher.  I took that up to 170,000 lbs a few times. I guess not much changes. I did have a lighter frame, however.  400 Cummins and Eaton 13 through a 14" organic clutch. 

My guess is your power is more than we had back then, but the job doesn't change.

Edit: didn't notice this was an old post, and he hasn't been back since, Oh well.

Edited by Geoff Weeks