03 Granite Valve Leak

Hello all, Have a leak on the back side of what I think is the treadle valve, Blue arrow showing port leaking air, not sure what the purpose of this aditional valve is, but my experience with leaking valves is the issue is somewhere else and the leak shows up at the exhaust port.

Could the leak be just the valve?

Can this valve be ordered separate?

IMG_4678.jpg

is it possible to trace the lines going in /out of vale? not a treadle valve from ole man experience. possible to have tad more info on unit? leak constant? leak when other systems activated/ deactivated ? did you take it apart ; might be bad o-ring?

thats the air line for the engine fan. but i dont see the knob to shut off the air supply.. also see some oil on the relief port..  is your compressor worn out? 

Compressor is worn out, I am hoping to make it to mud season before I pull the compressor.  The gasket between block and compressor is also leaking pretty bad, hoping to upgrade compressor, havent done any research on that yet.

I changed the Air Dryer and Governor last week so it would build air when cold.

My fan is not air actuated, it is a viscus clutch like a car.

Leak is constant.

Hmmm  I wonder what that pressure protection valve is tied too?  as far as the compressor, what is on there now?  Wabco single cyl.? 

That's a regulator. It's leaking because it's shot, and it's shot because it's loaded with oil.  This might be the first thing to give up on this truck, but there's more coming with that much oil in the air system(s)

• Like 1

yes but what is it connected too?  I have seen that as an air fan line and on AC's its for the air filter for the VGT..  I'm just curious...  

4 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

yes but what is it connected too?  I have seen that as an air fan line and on AC's its for the air filter for the VGT..  I'm just curious...  

They use them on several things on Macks. That truck is loaded with oil , gonna be hard to clean that out.