Brake Master Cylinders On CASE 1990 580k

fjh

I know there are a few guys here that  and have run and worked on these !  So I thought id put it out here ! A while back I purchased this unit! the brakes had been pined together so I hadn't noticed that the right hand brake is not operating goes right to the floor and the reisvour is full ! No leaks any where so I'm assuming the Master cyl is toast on that side! I got two new master cylinders and am about to replace them ! Has Anyone here had a go at doing these ? Bleeding them looks not to be the easiest affair so was hoping there was someone here with some tips! I'm finding this machine is a changeover year for a lot of the parts the hydraulics and brakes have different kits for  serial number 20000 and lower !  you can't just order for 580k and get the right stuff! That said I managed to get the cyls for this and thought if anyone here has dealt with this issue they might post there experience ! The Broken Tractor dudes seem to have a good handle on the part situation their selection is good but as far as info not so much on a lot of stuff! I don't have a service manual And there is very little on line u tube stuff! And what there is is in Spanish! Not helpful! 

Thanx in advance!

I know that some forklifts I've done, had to push the fluid from the slave to the master.  I used a mighty vac hand pump.. hope this is of help to you...

There are all kinds of cheap shop and service manuals for K series Case 580 backhoes on Ebay. I saw a full set with a parts book for $108. I would snag a full shop manual for it and see what it has to say.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, 67RModel said:

There are all kinds of cheap shop and service manuals for K series Case 580 backhoes on Ebay. I saw a full set with a parts book for $108. I would snag a full shop manual for it and see what it has to say.

Well going to take a crack at it today and see how it goes!  If it goes sideways well I will order up a service manual ! Its not really rocket science just the steel lines enter from the top with a over 90 degree bend kind of an air trap to my way of thinking! If it were difficult there would be alot more posts on the issue! Hoping for some good luck! 🙏😄