mack granite with mp8 (need advice before buying)

Hello all

I'm in the market and currently looking at a 2008 mack granite with a mp8 engine in it . I went to look at it this past Sunday and it was about 20 degrees. The truck hadn't been started in a few months but took a lot of effort to start it. Once it was running it sounded good and ran fine. I let the truck get up to operating temp and pulled the oil fill cap and sip stick to look for blow by. Absolutely nothing which is good.  I was Always taught to check the radiator expansion tank for pressure. The truck was at operating temp and there was pressure behind the cap and some squirted out. I also noticed the overflow side also had coolant in it. Is this normal . I assume there should be some pressure at operating temp but im unsure . I do also recall a bubble here and there in the expansion tank. The coolant was also right at the cap for the expansion tank. Once again no blow by or any smoke that I could see. The truck as also deleted and computer tuned. truck has 230,000 miles on it. 

Edited by cfd511

• cfd511 changed the title to mack granite with mp8 (need advice before buying)

Well, if you want to make a million dollars with that truck....   Start with 2 million...   Run away, run far away....   

• Haha 1

Generally Mack's and "deleted" is nothing but problems, but I have no experience in the matter. Just what I've heard. Personally I cringe at the thought of buying an MP engine, but the reality is it's gonna have to happen someday. Injector cups are a regular maintenance item or so I figure from a lot of talk about them in the past. Timing gears are all on the backside of the engine I think, which sounds weird to me. Not sure how others feel about that.