T310M transmission problem

Hey guys i have a coworker that has replaced the synchro clutch basket and gears in a t310m...Driver complaint was hard to get into gear .Co- worker has redid transmissions for years and now this one it will not move ...It goes into gear and you hear grinding when you release the clutch but no movement in all gears even rev ....he replaced hi lo soleniod and piston on back end of trans ..this is 2nd time he has tore it down and i even helped this time sit it on bench and add shop air to lines and shifted all gears while turning tailshaft and watching input shaft turn and even watched inside gears ...replaced air lines and has plenty of air from truck and shop ....anyone have anything we can try or check

Is the snapring in the center of the synchro installed or broken.  If it is left out, it will only shift once, and then you have to go back in to the rear box.

9 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Is the snapring in the center of the synchro installed or broken.  If it is left out, it will only shift once, and then you have to go back in to the rear box.

Bro he is in his 60s and is really into this hard core and thats his special gift transmissions he is beating his self up about timing and all 

if you dont mind pm me ill give you my number and maybe you 2 can talk ...im not a transmission guy ..

3 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Ok..  did you put new orings in the shift fork assembly

sir he redid trans not me and it would be tomorrow morning after 9 before we could talk ...no service till i get back to shop 

a slide clutch in backwards.  it's time to walk away /take a break and have cup of coffee or ==. been there dun that . the frustration of what's wrong will cause "confusion" on the thought process ; walk away and come back SOMETIMES helps . in going through the gears are we talking of top covers off and manually moving sliders or shifting with covers on?

• Like 1

On 1/10/2024 at 6:15 AM, mechohaulic said:

a slide clutch in backwards.  it's time to walk away /take a break and have cup of coffee or ==. been there dun that . the frustration of what's wrong will cause "confusion" on the thought process ; walk away and come back SOMETIMES helps . in going through the gears are we talking of top covers off and manually moving sliders or shifting with covers on?

Good point and easy to do!