Can roof marker light base and gaskets be replaced from outside without removing headliner?

6 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Mine weren't held in with a nutsert but are now

I would just try it, if the screw spins then cut it off and bung a nut sert in to attach the light 

And use lots of never seize and some big long stainless screws and and the problem will be solved forever  

Paul 

never seize on the attaching screws for sure , I would also recommend  caulk or silicone on the nutsert going in to roof panel. easier to seal hole on install of nutsert then to have a drip/leak . thin roof panel if being drilled out for nutsert may have a tendency to distort 

13 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Nothing real cool my ass, the little doggy will be shibberbating, amd that must be a word for sure

Cracking photo

Don't see many dogs in the snow out here

Paul

Seems like a word to me... LOL😂

She's hibernating😴 for the winter, got the CH out on the salty roads...

My R688 1988 cab had nutserts all over the roof for the marker lights, horns and Lund visor. All turned out into a big PITA when I started cleaning the roof for body work. I don't recall maybe 3 or 4 bolts and screws drove off by normal way but the most required a ton of work even with the headliner removed. We could drive off a half catching the body of a nutsert with heavy pliers and turning the screw from the top but nearly the half of spots we made by drilling off. Some nutserts are close to the windscreen and when you try access them from under the roof they're too far behind the front reinforcement channel of the roof structure. The most difficult were Lund visor screws which attaches to the sides of the windscreen near the door frame. The screws were stainless and they sure not being lubricated from the factory locked dead tight into the normal steel nutserts. I could drill off 3 of four and cut new threads by tap but the 4th nutsert spinned needing the swap but making its hole larger than it was originally. 

Worth to point out I applied all possible antiseize, hit and heat and did the job in a few days or even a week having no rush. And on the removed cab I could stand near by, not on a truck.

Vlad

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012