2006 CV713 New Head exhaust pin has broke twice in a month

TurdFerguson

I'm sorry about my poor spelling..  the yokes get set to .010" while you are adjusting the valves or when the rocker shafts are off.. if the yokes are not even, it puts a side load on the bridge/yoke pin, and can break the pin..  I cant tell you how many of those I had removed with a welder and a slide hammer...  :)

Yup agreed! Also if you don’t got a 10 thou handy you can set the yoke by putting your thumb on the yoke turn the screw till it touches then one flat of the nut and lock it down! Done this for years on v8 e6 e7 and eteck the best part is you don’t need a dam computer to do it and the procedure never changes!😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mackpro said:

If you have the Jacob’s engine brake . The floating pin in the exhaust yoke is worn. I’ll see if I can find pics. This was a big issue and new hardened adjustment pins came out with a special coating on them . 

Powerleash jakes

diss regard the kit number I posted.. It is NOT for power leash...  power leash valve adjust is a different procedure than Jacobs....  are you familiar with that process?