Cruising the USofA

Licensed to kill

Long ways to go for some sprayer booms, what's is it off of? I've always seen Canadians always come to this area to buy equipment that is so worn out I don't see why it would be worth it. The real thinker is that most of the equipment they buy was made in Canada or somewhere north, so why would they come all this way to buy it back?!

Good to hear that about our roads but wait till you reach OK then the roads get real bad! While you're in the area you might swing through Pratt and see the park lights, or maybe ride the Wilmore carousel if you really wanting to burn time. Not many exciting things to do around here...

Edited by BOBWhite
  • Like 1

Actually, I’m picking up 3 sets of booms for John Deere sprayers. They are made in Tonkawa so don’t see much of Oklahoma. This is our 3rd trip but first since the COVID debacle and the first coming through Montana. I am a dealer for K&S booms. Don’t have time for sight seeing, gotta get back, too much work to do on my Mack and want to try to get it done for spring. Every time we come we say we are going to take our time and make holiday out of it and every time we just hammer down and do it in 3 days each way. 

Someone saw the guy with 6 axles and raised him 2. Yup, saw what appeared to be an end dump gravel trailer with SIX dually axles, thing was literally all tires. Must be hauling gold or lead or bismuth or something to require all those tires. South Dakota has some double grain trailers but unlike the super B’s that we have, these looked like two 40’ grain trailers with a triaxle converter. Interesting stuff. 

1 hour ago, 70mackMB said:

l take it you have never been to Michigan?    .....Hippyimage.png.0d8dadac9bbd816c13548daa83fdee5a.png

image.png.903e205d1de14a1086d451cc3057ab9e.png

See,  now that is just stupid. I suspect that the politician that came up with that rule owns shares in a tire company. Not only does it require operators to buy excess tires but they will scrub like a. Bastard and wear quickly. Lawmakers never make laws for the good of the people or society, they make them to line their own pockets. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Brocky said:

LYK: I do NOT think(???) That the Canadian  / Aussie B doubles are allowed in the States???? Just the A hitch for double / triple Pups and full length "Turnpike" Doubles.

I think you are right. Those turnpike doubles carry more than a super B I would imagine but backing one up any distance or around a corner…………I dunno