'79 R686ST

I will check  my "parts department " in the am; might still have a spare 300 plus engine with top mounted tip turbine fan.  bought many parts back in the late 70's- early 80's from A I M : late Jim Etter in PA. also bought from Late Dave Natale AITM  in NJ.  resin cast in 1/25th scale. took a little modifications to make the 300fit . challenge was making alll the intake piping. built an R-600 for a customer. todays world only a couple of people make 1/24-1/25th scale parts most of which are 3-D printed not resin castings. have a couple of builds in progress now which I ended up buying 2 or 3 other scale models to get parts I needed. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mowerman said:

you guys fascinate me had my DM 800/20 years now and I haven’t even finished the frame. Send me some of your ambition ha ha…bob

but we ALL know You can do it. not to be a party pooper but the DM 800 was 30+ yrs ago. sorry had to say it.  side note ; my DM-800 1/25th scale was from first issue mid/late '70's ;; actually two - one a mixer (as shown on profile) and a DM-800 stretched to fit wrecker body ;; neither of which are completed  40+yrs later.😱

• Haha 1

OK well I don’t feel alone in this bought the kit used around 20 years ago and it took me at least 10 years to find instructions that it didn’t come with wound up getting them from Chevy 41 …..who seems to have vanished … he had one ….  I was very fortunate  …. I think the biggest problem is I think about pulling it out and working on it an hour or so I could probably have it done in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mowerman said:

OK well I don’t feel alone in this bought the kit used around 20 years ago and it took me at least 10 years to find instructions that it didn’t come with wound up getting them from Chevy 41 …..who seems to have vanished … he had one ….  I was very fortunate  …. I think the biggest problem is I think about pulling it out and working on it an hour or so I could probably have it done in a couple of weeks.

when you get the DM800 on the work bench ; should you find there are parts missing  let me know.  I try to be the "WATTS truck parts depot "in 1/25th scale ; LOL. might be relocating AGAIN ,doing what I can to slim down inventory. that's what I tell wife!! must have forgot to tell her there's an auction close by with a lot of models trucks and planes. of course  I'm planning on bidding LOL

Excellent,,,, good to know … model was just barely started when I bought it . Someone glued the rear ends to the frame was about it…. So far I haven’t seen anything missing…. But who knows thanks … will definitely be looking… bob

• Like 1