98 e7 427 fuel issues

On 11/29/2023 at 6:36 PM, mjrays said:

Thank you for your help this is my first mack 688s been around truck awhile now picked this up short money was sitting about a year and half guy swears ran fine when parked (company closed up shit just sat ) 20231106_162453.thumb.jpg.ad1f7886b8b51c60d4916e0aaabf90cf.jpg

Inquiring minds want to know how you're making out!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

V-MAC_Fault_Assignments.pdf 35.61 kB · 1 download.url 150 B · 2 downloads     

4-1 is a VSS code..  the speed sensor on the transmission out put seal housing..  I added a codes list that you can print and save..  Jojo

The sensor on the back of transmission is causing it to run rough 

I doubt it..  I think yours is too old to derate for a VSS code.. 

just because,,, inspect the wires for the sensor, the plug is probably on top of the transmission...  not sure what transmission you have, but,, if its a screw-in sensor,,  remove it and inspect the end of it.. if its good,, put it back in til it touches then back it our 1 FULL turn, and lock it down...  drive it over 7 mph to clear the code,, :)    then recheck your codes..  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Did you do multiple code requests? One request blinks out one code, so after the first code is done blinking, punch the cruise control to blink out the next code.  Keep doing this til the codes start repeating.

It only gve that code I'll check again I held down cruise set 4 the 1 I pushed it down again same code flashed 

• Like 1

this posting has my attention now..  I was going to leave it, but I changed my mind...  JoeH,,  you posted some real good info..  I have that book,,  I got it after I went to V-Mac school when I was at a Mack dealership..  I'm glad to see that these books are for sale on line..  I have 3 sets of driveline books..  2 to sell...  but so far know one is interested..  KIMG0440_01_BURST1000440_COVER.JPG.a9f1b8614a913d038c2e8bbb41f40776.thumb.jpg.4fcde262a17742d7382a89f14ac32306.jpg

• Like 1