My ecu burnout twice, any idea why?

Jared HG

Question

4 answers to this question

If your harness has oil push you need to replace it and the offending sensors ! Also !

So you wouldn't happen to be running an extra trans ? (b box) We added a  four speed b box to a titan at one point for low bed heavy haul work at one point It maxed out the memory in the ecu and put the truck into derate  after 3-6 months of use! Went thru three ecus before engineering was able to tell us what had happened and why! And conjure up a work around! The board in the ecu had a similar look to it! 

Bro  Sorry I'm not a guru on this subject! I apologize for the use of memory word! The engineering dudes figured it out for us ! Some how the extra turns going in didn't match up the turns going out to the diffs and compromised the ECU in one of the chips whether it be memory or OTHER not sure sorry I used that as an example! Again ! The point being the computer over worked it self in that area  trying to figure out what to do and couldn't  ! The same area got damaged 3 times it showed burn marks each time !  It was and MP10! They ended up reworking the ECU some how OR  ( MAYBE reprograming it to ignore the calculation) not sure  Don't really mater amazingly enough they worked with us to repair the issue that's the main thing and the customer got satisfied!  At that time there were some decent guys in that department don't know about these days!?Guess if you think about it if you stick extra gear reduction in behind everything It may have Miled  out the brain of the ECU Duno! So Can't really tell you the solution!