passenger door lock stuck halfway on 2007 granite.

Hello from Kennewick WA. Been searching pretty much everywhere for info. on this issue. Local locksmith said he tried this type of repair years ago and wouldn't attempt it again. My door lock is stuck in 1/2 lock position with the door closed. I am unable to free it and was hoping that someone on this form had any ideas. Thanks for any repones.

My guess is you can turn the key in the lock but it feels dead.. if you pound the door just above the handle, with the side of your fist, and at the same time turn the key back and forth, it may trip the trigger..  I have done that many times, then you can open the door panel and fix it.  Option 2.....You may be able to roll the down and poke a long screw driver or what ever down by the latch tobpop it open.  Its a common issue that I have found with that style door latch..  

Ive had this problem many times. I find that turning the key while at the same time pulling on the outside handle will get it to release. Do them both together and you kind of feel the handle assist the key to pull the linkage. Usually not on the first try, but repeat and it should eventually open the door.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried all the suggested fixes but what finally worked by accident was soaking everything I could reach with blaster. However, this didn't work immediately. It was the next day I went out turned the key and it worked as it should. I guess letting the blaster soak overnight was what did the trick. I really appreciate all the input.

• Like 2