UP pumps

1999 E7 460 smokes at idle , it misses a little on Startup , other than that it runs good ,  I did an inframe overhaul about 30,000 miles ago replacing injectors but not the pumps , no fault codes , what's my best option,  not taking it to what used to be Mack , it is now CIT Grayslake Illinois , buy a better scanner or start changing pumps

You have an E-Tech..  Unplug the cam sensor and try to start it..  If it starts after a bit of cranking, plug it back in, and unplug the crank sensor in the flywheel housing and try to start it.  It will start and run and either of them, but if it doesnt start with one unplugged, the one that IS plugged in needs to be inspected..  

On 8/12/2023 at 7:30 PM, Joey Mack said:

You have an E-Tech..  Unplug the cam sensor and try to start it..  If it starts after a bit of cranking, plug it back in, and unplug the crank sensor in the flywheel housing and try to start it.  It will start and run and either of them, but if it doesnt start with one unplugged, the one that IS plugged in needs to be inspected..  

That made my head hurt...🤪

• Haha 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

excellent..  thanks for posting the fix..  The injectors is more common to fail than the EUP's, so good on you for not loading the parts cannon.. Jojo

I would say, FJH pointed you in the right direction..