06 epa MP7

For on road use in a CXP the 405 HP rating is best. In dump truck/logging off road use the 395 HP version is better (CTP). The turbo, EGR valve and EGR cooler are very specific to this year model engine. The EGR mass flow and temp sensor assembly is a shortened version from the ETECH ASET AC engine and prone to failure. Almost every CXP/CTP I ever plugged my laptop had active codes for this sensor. However people run them all the time like this. These engines came with copper injector cups and flat bottom injectors. There is no upgrade option to stainless cups/conical injectors for this engine like there is for the 2008 and up engines . Lots of Service bulletins on these engine for updated parts. All this sounds bad but actually they are pretty reliable. Local guy here has 8 or more of the CTP’s and they run every day. 

10 minutes ago, Mackpro said:

For on road use in a CXP the 405 HP rating is best. In dump truck/logging off road use the 395 HP version is better (CTP). The turbo, EGR valve and EGR cooler are very specific to this year model engine. The EGR mass flow and temp sensor assembly is a shortened version from the ETECH ASET AC engine and prone to failure. Almost every CXP/CTP I ever plugged my laptop had active codes for this sensor. However people run them all the time like this. These engines came with copper injector cups and flat bottom injectors. There is no upgrade option to stainless cups/conical injectors for this engine like there is for the 2008 and up engines . Lots of Service bulletins on these engine for updated parts. All this sounds bad but actually they are pretty reliable. Local guy here has 8 or more of the CTP’s and they run every day. 

This one is 405hp but could be programmed to 395 I assume. In comparison to my em7-300 fully mechanical, how would this engine rate ? Mine starts pulling around 900 rpm. Is this a high torque at low rpm engine or does it need revs ?

The MP 7 you ask about would clean  the EM7 300's clock (in my opinion)    These don't have the wallop of an old 400 HP 3406 or anything like that, but if they're in good shape ????  they're a good engine.  Mackpro pretty much described it as well as could be described .