Help the 10 speed in my 2006 cxn will not go to hi range

Go to solution Solved by cowboy jeff,

Mack or Eaton box?

Well, there are several pieces in that system (Eaton is in my mind...Mack probably similar).  Air regulator.  The range selector on the stick.  The slave valve on the side of the trans.  The piston on the range shift.  Any of them can cause a problem.  The slave valve has a plunger in it that only allows air to pass through while the box is in neutral.  Not sure if those are prone to sticking.

Maybe start at the incoming line and see how far the air makes it.  Or start in the middle (stick) and see if air is making it that far.

There are guys on here who will have better troubleshooting tips for you.  Sounds like a good one for FJH.  Or Mackpro.  Or Joey.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

You say that there's nothing when you flip the button up?? Any chance a spaghetti line is kinked..  ? Do you hear any air in high range?  My guess is it's an Eaton FRO 16 210C...

• 2 weeks later...

Well there you go..  Nice repair..   I have no real Knowledge of Meritor tranny's in Mack's..  Only seen a few..   It's great that you got it fixed..  :twothumbsup:

Sounds similar to the short lived Eaton Fuller Lighting transmission . Manual transmission with electric high/low range shift. Helped in saving the range synchronizer from idiot steering wheel holders but reliability suffered from failures with wiring and the range shift controller  that bolted to the back of the trans. I think it was even water cooled. Only saw them a few years  back in early 2000’s. 

• Like 1