It's quiet in here.

12 hours ago, tjc transport said:

yup, that was one of Jeff's classics Bob.

another one of his classics was "if your porch collapses and kills 5 dogs, you may be a redneck"

I keep his daily calendar on my desk so I can get some redneck humor every day.

• Like 1

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

15 hours ago, 1958 F.W.D. said:

You both have forgotten that he already has a 671T in the Hahn. But if I could afford it, I'd replace that with a 237 Maxidyne tomorrow and melt down the weedeater motor into a pool of slag, 

oh

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 5/14/2023 at 7:06 AM, tjc transport said:

why should you do it? 

because no one gives a damn about quality of work anymore. it is all about getting it done as fast and cheaply as possible. 

That's exactly right, everybody just accepts mediocrity now and don't care enough to do a job right. I used to complain about lazy drivers dropping empty trailers on the concrete pad at N.B. Handy Co. in Lynchburg, and dropping trailers crooked too. I was called a "snowflake"- not sure what that meant- and an ass hole- I do know what that meant- for complaining. I like things done right, like they're supposed to be, not half-ass. I would come in with a load of coils and be in Lynchburg before dark, especially in summer, so I would drop the trailer at Handy and bob tail home. Except more often than not there was no place to drop the trailer there because the pad would be full, and most of the trailers would be empty and could have been dropped behind the building.

So then I had to go back down the hill, out to 460, climb Oxford Furnace Hill on the way to Concord, then try to find a parking spot. Trailers would be dropped in a zig-zag configuration so 4 trailers would take up enough room to park 8 trailers if they were dropped straight. I mean, pull up one more time and park it straight, it's not that hard. So then I go home- and I could have already been at home if I could have dropped the trailer. Then the next morning I had to get out of the steep uphill driveway at F.L. Moore's and get across 460 to the westbound side with all the morning traffic headed to Lynchburg to work. That's why it was a big deal.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I feel your pain. My company pretty much has nothing but idiots now .. drop trailers with blown out tires air leaks and proper placard’s and crooked. Yeah, we got a butt load of them top pan company and they can’t find any decent people.

• Like 1