Battery box latch

On 5/2/2023 at 10:49 AM, Freightrain said:

Watts had them, I got the chrome ones years ago for my truck.

The ones on watts are the same style but not the same as these matches.

On 5/2/2023 at 9:00 PM, D2Denny said:

Same as 30 - 31 Model A hood latches.  Get them in black or stainless about $15.00  at Bratton's,  Snyders, or Gaslight

Brattons has them and I think that’s about as close as I’m gonna find outside of an original latch. Unfortunately it says they are out of stock with no due date so I’ll keep an eye out. Thanks for the help!!

Edited by Robo987

On 5/2/2023 at 9:00 PM, D2Denny said:

Same as 30 - 31 Model A hood latches.  Get them in black or stainless about $15.00  at Bratton's,  Snyders, or Gaslight

So yea these latches were readily available on Amazon for about $10. Thanks again for your insight.

4 hours ago, Robo987 said:

So yea these latches were readily available on Amazon for about $10. Thanks again for your insight.

One thing I learned about Macks, back when I was a little guy riding around with Dad, is that a lot of the minor parts could be bought at a hardware store!  Later, when I was trying to keep mine up, I fixed as many things from the local hardware store as I did from the parts store.

They did a really good job of using "common" parts that were easily sourced.  I remember, at one time, the ignition switches were from Briggs & Stratton.  Makes Mowerman's avatar even more appropriate, doesn't it?

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

12 hours ago, mattb73lt said:

Are you still looking for one? I have an original that’s really nice and almost new. Paint still shines on the back. No catch for it, though. I have a new model A one somewhere, too.

IMG_0121.jpeg

IMG_0120.jpeg

How much shipped to 82601

20 hours ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

One thing I learned about Macks, back when I was a little guy riding around with Dad, is that a lot of the minor parts could be bought at a hardware store!  Later, when I was trying to keep mine up, I fixed as many things from the local hardware store as I did from the parts store.

They did a really good job of using "common" parts that were easily sourced.  I remember, at one time, the ignition switches were from Briggs & Stratton.  Makes Mowerman's avatar even more appropriate, doesn't it?

Yea I love when companies do that. Theses days tho your lucky if the parts store have anything you need on the self.

Looks like about $10 for shipping USPS. Do you want one or both and which one if it's one? The new one was $15 when I got it, what do you want for the used one? It's almost new, it was on the series/parallel switch cover so it was never in the elements.

On 5/6/2023 at 2:19 PM, mattb73lt said:

Looks like about $10 for shipping USPS. Do you want one or both and which one if it's one? The new one was $15 when I got it, what do you want for the used one? It's almost new, it was on the series/parallel switch cover so it was never in the elements.

Sent you a private message