Cv 713 blower switch.

there is a replaceble switch..  You have to pull the control panel out , then you will see that the speed switch is replaceable..  I have also found a burnt power wire at the plug for the HVAC system.. It is right above the throttle pedal,  I think its 5 wires and they are heavy gauge, like a 12g.  orange/red/black/green and yellow if I remember right. anyway,,  I check there first because I have bought a switch before only to find this issue..  The last one I fixed 2 months ago, i was able to re-use the plug, but had to overlay the power wire. I used a bullet plug so it can be removed without cutting it..  the wire harness' were too expensive and my customer let me do my own thing..  He needed the truck Monday morning..  (weekend job) ..  good luck Mackey.. 

Any time Bud..  I would look at the plug above the throttle first..  It is easy to fix with whats in your tool box and on your shelf..  Yes, the fan switch and its plug can melt from high amp draw, I just dont want you to replace a good switch, if the harness plug is melted..  you can follow the wires from the top of the side cover on the HVAC unit. above the throttle,  it comes right over the top ..  Keep in touch... Jojo

yes sir..  I beleive you can buy it as an assembly, ( fan motor and mounting plate) and just slide the old on out, and the new one back in,  and replace credit card too, just to insure good performance..  am I forgetting something FJH??