99 Ch613 E7 427 No Dash Lights Engine Cranks No Start

Go to solution Solved by fjh,

I have a starting issue with my 99 Mack Ch613. I worked Saturday came back Monday night to start it up I got nothing it’s little cold here in Mississippi so I said it must be the batteries I will wait until the morning. Morning came around went to the truck it started to turn over but slow. I went got new batteries and changed out the starter relays with everything in place I get no lights on the dash when I turn the key forward but the engine turn over no start and I also hear a little noise like it’s coming from the dash after a few seconds when the key is tuned forward. I wish I could describe the noise I guess it’s like a little whistle noise. Can anyone point me In the right direction with this issue. You can see the two relay/solenoids I replaced in the pictures thanks again. 

EA2B4691-5BC5-4E64-9C54-63E0C5F64B81.jpeg

542D2A39-FC7B-4516-95F3-6D545B2FF14F.png

• Solution

I suspect the relay picture one is the culprit! picture two is the start relay!  picture two looks to be the accessory relay ! That one controls everything for the dash the heater fan etc ! There are two different versions of that  cole hearsay relay Constant duty and periotic duty! Be sure you have the right solenoid ! Check for power on both sides  should be power one side on the big wires and power on both when the key is turned on! also the small terminals should be power to one and ground to the other! Check power on the one side and Make sure you got ground on the other!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, fjh said:

I suspect the relay picture one is the culprit! picture two is the start relay!  picture two looks to be the accessory relay ! That one controls everything for the dash the heater fan etc ! There are two different versions of that  cole hearsay relay Constant duty and periotic duty! Be sure you have the right solenoid ! Check for power on both sides  should be power one side on the big wires and power on both when the key is turned on! also the small terminals should be power to one and ground to the other! Check power on the one side and Make sure you got ground on the other!

Thank you so much for great explanation I will go to the truck and see what I come up with and report back thanks again have a blessed day!

3 hours ago, fjh said:

Hey I put the old solenoid back and turned the switch forward lights came on and truck fired right up thanks again!!! 

• Like 1