99 RD688S trailer brake lights

Hello all,

I have a 99 RD688S and the trailer brake lights are not working. All other lights are working fine. Does anyone know where I can test up at the cab for continuity with the trailer wiring plug? The sender seems to be mounted on the firewall by the valve cover is this correct? Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Chris

20230211_101923_HDR.jpg

defiantly isolate whether the problem is in tractor or trailer first. my day a test light was used ; now it a meter used. there is a tool which plugs in to light cord which will show what works. makes life easier when you  sit in cab with light cord  check each application. could be broken wire in trailer. do brake lights work on tractor?? not sure of wiring on "new "trucks. is the picture a brake light switch or low air buzzer sender etc.  fuses check out ok ???

• Like 1

Do you own one of these?  If not, I suggest you get one..  You may not use it much, but when you do, you will be glad you have one..   $65.00 on Amazon...  jojo

71z4T8VxjaL._AC_SX466_.jpg

Edited by Joey Mack
poor sperring..
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Do you own one of these?  If not, I suggest you get one..  You may not use it much, but when you do, you will be glad you have one..   $65.00 on Amazon...  jojo

71z4T8VxjaL._AC_SX466_.jpg

this is the tool of which i mentioned.  wasn't too sure of the switch showed  . my day most were on brake pedal valve. another positive moment old school meets new school. is that were the title intermediate  school came from 

• Haha 1