E9 turbo

Mack superdog

I have an e9 noticed I’m starting to get a little oil residue on the cold side can anyone tell me what turbo this is I don’t think it’s stock considering it pushes 36psi on a warm day and 40psi on a cold day i know stock should only be 28psi these are the only numbers I can find there’s no tag where they normally are 

D96158D1-EF77-4BC1-950B-EE8B416F337E.jpeg

97F39529-0B65-4B2E-B415-2CD01D9E9F70.jpeg

As a last result you may have to take it out and measure inlet diameter, turbine diameter, and exhaust housing diameter to find a similar turbo. It could have been ordered from a catalog that's long gone by now. 

Do you want to go back to a stock turbo or do you want to find whatever turbo is on there? 

I don’t know where you live how ever if you got a local fuel shop you might want to check with them! Also mak sure your air filter is clean this has caused issues in the past specially with a high output turbo and fueled up engines! In the land of oz the v8 was or could produce 650-700 hp we installed an ozy turbo on several trucks here and as your observation 35-40 psi boost was not uncommon! Just tweaked the fuel to the need! Note the drain tube was a little different so beware!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BOBWhite said:

As a last result you may have to take it out and measure inlet diameter, turbine diameter, and exhaust housing diameter to find a similar turbo. It could have been ordered from a catalog that's long gone by now. 

Do you want to go back to a stock turbo or do you want to find whatever turbo is on there? 

I wanna get the same one 

3 hours ago, fjh said:

I don’t know where you live how ever if you got a local fuel shop you might want to check with them! Also mak sure your air filter is clean this has caused issues in the past specially with a high output turbo and fueled up engines! In the land of oz the v8 was or could produce 650-700 hp we installed an ozy turbo on several trucks here and as your observation 35-40 psi boost was not uncommon! Just tweaked the fuel to the need! Note the drain tube was a little different so beware!

Yes it’s in a dump truck I change the air filter once a month as preventative maintenance and yes the drain tube looks like a accordion