675 lifting points

Full Floater

I'm about to lift 2 different 675, 235hp engines to swap one of them into the other truck.

I have never lifted a Mack engine before and I plan on using a steel cable/strap under the rear of the bellhousing/clutch housing; but still need an idea for lifting the front.   I have read that some have used the valve cover bolts to affix a bracket to (I'm not that brave).   And some have used a couple head bolts.   I am really not wanting to disturb the head bolts on the one good running engine that's being pulled.

Are there any other ideas on a front lifting point?  

Thanks

I should have a lifting bracket I made for mine.  It's been so long I don't recall what end I bolted it to.  Don't think I used headbolts either even though I pulled the heads off.

I'll see if I can find it and post a picture.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

51 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

I should have a lifting bracket I made for mine.  It's been so long I don't recall what end I bolted it to.  Don't think I used headbolts either even though I pulled the heads off.

I'll see if I can find it and post a picture.

Awesome, thank you.

Hmmm, maybe I did use the head studs?  I just don't remember the details, or if I used this in the front or back?  It's like a 6.5" span across the holes.  It doesn't really fit well now since I put jakes on the engine.  The Jake spacers kinda block things.

IMG_20221212_175135024.jpg

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"