MP7 Red Tint in Engine Oil!

jwmcgregor

2013 CXU with MP7 W/Emulator installed.   Getting a red tint to in the engine oil after 300 to 400 hrs.   Power steering fluid on the truck is red but the level doesn't seem to be going down as if it's getting into the engine oil.   I'm feeling like the PS Pump seal is likely cause here but just want to throw this out to see if there could be another cause that I'm not thinking of.   Chevron 10-30 Semi Synth Engine oil.   

Thanks!

Also id be a little skeptical that the oil has a red tint. That’s about 42 quarts of oil it needs to overcome and you said the power steering fluid hasn’t even gone down.  Best thing I could suggest is an oil analysis…

Edited by Onyx610
  • Like 1
  • Like 1

the Halo test is right..  and you are right Onyx...   For me, this doesnt pass the 'smell test'...  I think more info is needed.. there is no way 11 gal. of oil is colored by a quart of steering fluid..  If I am wrong.....  well ok..  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joey Mack said:

the Halo test is right..  and you are right Onyx...   For me, this doesnt pass the 'smell test'...  I think more info is needed.. there is no way 11 gal. of oil is colored by a quart of steering fluid..  If I am wrong.....  well ok..  

agreed on the “if I am wrong…we’ll ok…”

• Like 1
  • Like 1