505 Tune

Since it’s deleted you won’t be going through the dealership for even an oil change. You’re gonna have to find a good aftermarket tune and I’m not sure of any off the top of my head. Let me ask around. 

Edited by Onyx610
  • Like 1

Doesn’t look like to many options out there for you. Your more then likely not going to find anyone on hear to give you an answer. Most guys that are deleted come here for help because no one else will touch their truck and then they never come back after they get help. 

If it did work I think you would have a lot of issues with the Mack file being it’s set up to run with all the emissions equipment and to its peak performance.  

Edited by Onyx610
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Mackpro said:

If your EGR is deleted I wouldn’t go above 440 HP.  Export MP8 engines with no EGR /DPF or DEF we’re limited to 440 HP. The Mexican Volvos running around here are D13 (same as MP8). They have EGR but no DPF/DEF and they are at 465HP. The fully deleted 445-455 and 505’s around here have suffered from cracked/chipped exhaust valves which wiped out the turbocharger as well. I’ve personally replaced 3 cylinder heads/turbos on deleted MP8’s . 

The above issue happens to non deleted engines as well  have seen 3 in my area drop a chunk of valve and take out a liner and piston! that said the extra heat from an improper delete won't help the situation! So Mac pro is indeed correct! All comes down to chance!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2022 at 8:36 AM, fjh said:

The above issue happens to non deleted engines as well  have seen 3 in my area drop a chunk of valve and take out a liner and piston! that said the extra heat from an improper delete won't help the situation! So Mac pro is indeed correct! All comes down to chance!

Any Idea what causes the chipped valves, I just replaced the head on mine because of this and I'd like to hopefully prevent this from happening in the future as it was a PITA for me to do.

This in the case of the engines we saw was a random issue! call it a bad part/ luck of the draw! We also saw some that had valve recession meaning the valves sink into the head screwing up the valve set! and burning valves! Bad batch of valves we suspect! others may have other observations!

I am no guru on these! Have seen some of the weaknesses  is all!

Just sayin!