73 Rl700l Help

Since you say power steering cylinder I suspect that you have an ad on system and not an integrated power steering box

if it is a garrison system. Garrison is still in business and will rebuild there system 

Please post some pictures of the system so we can help you 

• Like 2

It's hydraulic. I bought the truck on auction so I'm not sure if this system is original or not. It has a power steering pump that is gear driven behind the air compressor on the passenger side of the truck. Four lines go to the cylinder that's connected to the pitman arm which is attached to the steering gear box. Two hoses from this cylinder go to the cylinder under the truck that runs parallel with the cross member. 

VIN is RL786LST24497

Is it the cylinder that connects the steering box to the pitman arm that is leaking? This is actually the control valve.

this is a garrison control and to the right of the fittings it says garrison, has the part number and date stamped in the body.

54CAE66F-D59E-4598-8752-4F4878A73429.jpeg

Edited by Quickfarms

On 8/12/2022 at 8:18 AM, Scott74 said:

It's hydraulic. I bought the truck on auction so I'm not sure if this system is original or not. It has a power steering pump that is gear driven behind the air compressor on the passenger side of the truck. Four lines go to the cylinder that's connected to the pitman arm which is attached to the steering gear box. Two hoses from this cylinder go to the cylinder under the truck that runs parallel with the cross member. 

VIN is RL786LST24497

Hello Scott. I was the previous owner of your truck. My VIN. You can remove the cylinder and take it to a hydraulic cylinder repair shop and they can rebuild it for you. If you are still in the market for the Shop Service Manual, I have it. I may have a couple other things for it.

Les Parker In the Mack dump truck...jpg

• Like 2