Maxitorque T2130 noise

The synchro wont cause the vibration, however, if it related to the vibration,  the issue is bigger than the synchro... the synchro just rides along on the rear main shaft.  the sliding clutch selects lo-hi, hi-lo as you use the selector on the shift knob..  Dont let any of them tell about synchronizing 'gear shifts'   there are no synchros in the main box...   YOU ARE the synchronizer!!!!   when you shift...  jojo

Edited by Joey Mack
poor sperring..
  • Like 1

My thought's as well 'F'..   It looks to me like 'guess work' and if they get the bid to fix 2+ things, no-one will know what the issue was, or care,,  "metal doesnt lie" if he can see the damage to the bevel gears in the front rear, and/or damaged peanuts,  at leaste he can see where his money is going..   The synchro?,,,,,,,   stop right there...  jojo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dieselman350 said:

I told um to get the front diff coming its obviously where the noise was coming from had metal chunks in it also going to replace torque arms and suspension wear pads and hold off on the transmission 

Good call on your part ! If it ain't broke don't fix it! you can always address it later  IF there is a problem! If its not grinding on the range its good to go I do recommend replacing the oil thou ! This is a place wear operators tend to neglect and in the case of this trans its rather important I beleive the property's of the oil change over time ! Fresh oil once a year or two  maintains This! 

Edited by fjh
  • Like 1