Charge Air Cooler Bypass

Bottom line..... cold needs rich fuel mixture.  So if after a turbo the air doesn't get exposed to ambient temp, it's theoretically warmer. (think poor man's glo plug)  and then Mack had all sorts of ways to interrupt the rack's amount of travel in mechanically governed engines. ( be it to start or on the old extended range transmission models )  Old extended range transmissions with crazy low gears , nothing rearward of them could withstand as much torque multiplication as all that gearing could supply let alone any torque from the engine too .  Now ????   all this can be actuated at the speed of light with an ECM.  

• 2 months later...

Thank you for the information.  I was able to learn a lot from this.  I am having issues with "sluggishness" when loaded.  I am in the process checking my LDA per the video instruction.  I think I have a leak in the hose or in my LDA valve.  My question, is there a way to trick the LDA permanently?  To allow for full rack all the time. 

12 hours ago, 95RD said:

Thank you!!  I will try that.  I will keep y’all updated. 

yup So the issue with the air fix is if the the diaphragm is burst inside you won't Know!  To check the diaphragm simply  suck  or blow on the hose if it won't hold a vacuum  or you can blow thru it the  diaphragm is toast! in evet  the diaphragm  still holds air , If you need to just take the edge off the sluggishness  remove the two screw cap at the rear and turn the screw in 1/4 turn at a time!  NOTE !This will still not repair the sluggishness if the diaphragm has a hole in it! proper fix is to replace the diaphragm!

Just sayin!

1 hour ago, fjh said:

yup So the issue with the air fix is if the the diaphragm is burst inside you won't Know!  To check the diaphragm simply  suck  or blow on the hose if it won't hold a vacuum  or you can blow thru it the  diaphragm is toast! in evet  the diaphragm  still holds air , If you need to just take the edge off the sluggishness  remove the two screw cap at the rear and turn the screw in 1/4 turn at a time!  NOTE !This will still not repair the sluggishness if the diaphragm has a hole in it! proper fix is to replace the diaphragm!

Just sayin!

Yes!  That is the first think I am checking (and the supply hose from the intake) before I do anything to it.  

1 hour ago, 95RD said:

Yes!  That is the first think I am checking (and the supply hose from the intake) before I do anything to it.  

Another thing to look for if the supply hose to the LDA checks out OK is the torque limiting valve (if you have one). If its faulty it could be permanently dumping your boost pressure to the LDA regardless of what gear you are in. I don't know if these fail and if they do what is their mode of failure is. You could check it by  capping the line running from the manifold back to the transmission. This will take the torque limiting valve out of the equation for diagnostic purposes. If your sluggishness improves you might have a bad torque limiting valve. As I said before I don't know how common this really is though but easy to check.