1963 c95

jp 69

hello all,

just bought a 63 c95 open cab pumper. i'm bringing it back to life. considering the purchase of 76 cf for engine and parts. so i have a quite few questions.

1. i want to remove the 707 gas and manual transmission and replace it with a endtb675 with automatic transmission. can this been done somewhat easily.

2. while doing this can i use the transfer case from the 675/automatic that's already attached

3. are cf parts compatible with the c model, ie: steering wheel and column, entire airbrake system, power steering pump 

any tips and tricks or advice would be greatly appreciated. i'm sure i will have more questions to follow. 

thanks john

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 11:32 PM, jp 69 said:

hello all,

just bought a 63 c95 open cab pumper. i'm bringing it back to life. considering the purchase of 76 cf for engine and parts. so i have a quite few questions.

1. i want to remove the 707 gas and manual transmission and replace it with a endtb675 with automatic transmission. can this been done somewhat easily. It is not difficult. As suggested you will have to fabricate and install different engine and trans mounts. A larger radiator is needed, there is space within the C-Model's engine compartment. You will also lose road speed as you are going from a 2800 engine to a 2100 engine. You may want to consider changing out the rear. 

2. while doing this can i use the transfer case from the 675/automatic that's already attached Highly recommended as the existing xfer case is geared for a 2800 engine, not to mention would not withstand the torque of the oil burner.  Talk to Waterous to see if it will bolt up to the pump on the C-Model.

3. are cf parts compatible with the c model, ie: steering wheel and column, entire airbrake system, power steering pump PS pump may work, not sure on that one. Cab is of an entirely different design. Steering wheel may work, column is a no-go. Axles are entirely different therefore brake components are different (not to mention the fact that if the CF has the Kelsey-Hayes disc brakes YOU DO NOT WANT THEM as parts are now IMPOSSIBLE to find for them, especially rotors.) 

any tips and tricks or advice would be greatly appreciated. i'm sure i will have more questions to follow. 

thanks john

Edited by 1958 F.W.D.
  • Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Welcome to BMT @jp 69

Sounds like you have big plans. Unfortunately I’m just a spectator in the antique truck world so I can’t help with your questions, but others like @1958 F.W.D. are a wealth of knowledge. 
We love photos of everyone’s projects. Post up a few when you have a chance. 

Dave

There is a specific process involving three different Meguiar's products which will restore faded single-stage paints beautifully. We did my 1978 Hahn which sat outside for 5+ years (and had pine tree sap all over it which took a pressure washer and hot water to remove.....)

I need to find that file containing the instructions and specific products for you. 

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS