Ea7 470 waste gate issue

Hi guys new here hoping someone  can help have a 2008 ch688 that keeps throwing a fult

waste gate data intermittent. Now it's doing this when you are coasting with no load on the engine and the intake manifold pressure is low. On a long pull it's fine plenty of boost and not over boosting. Have replace both sensors in the air intake brand new turbo and waste  gate new waste gate hose. New crank and speed sensors  and still no luck. Any clues as where to go next 🤔 mack dealer is stumped  to 20220510_075850.thumb.jpg.98df8e4410800819a593b3592d8a892f.jpg

Hi Sorry Is this A RED ENGINE?  AUZZ! ? If so !  I believe  there were issues with the plugs at the turbo on These here There is a TSB on it some where Mack pro may be able to hook u up with it!

Edited by fjh

is the wastegate operated by boost pressure from the intake, or is there a separate air supply that operates it?  I do not know how Australian trucks are built. Did you do a pressure test on the C.A.C. and intake manifold for leaks.? jojo

2 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

is the wastegate operated by boost pressure from the intake, or is there a separate air supply that operates it?  I do not know how Australian trucks are built. Did you do a pressure test on the C.A.C. and intake manifold for leaks.? jojo

Bit different eh Joe !? They only ran this type of turbo 2-3 years here 2001-2004 topped out at 33 psi boost for a 460 HP engine BS Horse power! if they hit 34 psi they would derate!

• Like 1

There is a service bulletin on the “4-5 code CCRS “ I’ll try to find a link to it. In the US this waste gated turbo set up was only on the 460 HP CCRS engines, right before the ASET series engines came out . It was an on going battle to keep the boost pressure in the right specs to prevent under boost  or even worse over boost that de-rated the engine. We downgraded several trucks to 427 Hp to get away from this nightmare.  My favorite truck of all time was the 2002 axle forward CH 427 CCRS with a Fuller super 10 

• Like 1

CCRS.??.  What did i miss?  I would like to know.. 2008 was the year stated, is it because it's Australian, that I thought it was an ASET?...  Just curious... jojo

7 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

CCRS.??.  What did i miss?  I would like to know.. 2008 was the year stated, is it because it's Australian, that I thought it was an ASET?...  Just curious... jojo

Auz was behind emissions wise by a year or so I beleive CCRS did away with the fuel drain back at the injector The injector had to shoot what it was given!

Edited by fjh

• 1 year later...

Yes the two intake sensors  on the intake manifold were not reading correctly the back one behind the computer had a broken wire also boost tested it and found the intercooler hose was breaking down and blistering  on the inside and boost was seeping out. But. Also another cause of this problem is dickey injectors..

• Like 1