2009 Mack pinnacle CXU613

I am looking into purchasing a 2009 Mack Pinnacle CXU613 with an MP8 engine 550HP 13 speed manual, All Original miles to the whole truck which is 122,062. I am not sure how that’s possible being at what age that is but I saw it for myself and got it checked at a Loves Truck stop for authenticity to the miles.. They are selling it to me for 56k… good deal?? Anything I should be looking out for on this truck??

Good truck in my opinion. Low milage truck with a good trans and high hp. Only thing I can recommend is make sure all the emissions equipment is there and not tampered with. You will need it on there for WHEN you need to have it worked on. They have their issues like all the other manufactures. 

Here is the Link to the truck I’m going for. There are pictures there. BUT if you guys want more up close pictures I can go take them tomorrow

https://www.pilottrucksales.com/inventory/?/listings/trucks/for-sale/212539607/2009-mack-pinnacle-cxu613?dlr=1&pcid=2001707355&lo=2

Edited by Shortdawg67

Is there any service information on this truck? What’s with that bumper, any idea what the truck was previously used for? I notice some volvo green parts on it. Stand up style doc/dpf so check the bottom pan for cracks or holes. If possible maybe ask about getting some oil and getting an analysis done on it. 

I definetly agree with you on the bumper, it is ugly as hell lol and if I go through with getting this truck I would hope I can change that ugliness in the near future lol. Ok I will check for those cracks and holes and the oil analysis. How is it possible that a 2009 has 122k miles on it only? And for that price? It’s too good to be true it feels like

Lol, yea it’s not exactly a looker. For the miles it’s very possible for it to be that low. However you are right about the price…Usually when things are too good to be true they almost always are. Especially with the truck market the way it is now. What are you looking to do with it? Maybe see if you can find out who had it last and what exactly they used it for. 

Yeah I know, right now I can’t fall in love with the look of a truck I gotta love what it will do for me 😏 that’s what I was thinking too Onyx! I saw the same exact link I sent you, and I went to go see it for myself. The dash does read 122k and the clock hours are very young. That’s why so far I am having the truck inspected at a Loves (if that’s dependable for truck inspection) Truck Stop and as well on legitimacy of reading the computer to the engine for its Miles and such, it’s too good to be true. I hope this doesn’t sound too crazy but where is the dpf located or can I see a full picture of what it looks like?? My last truck didn’t have the dpf and it was a mack.. Is it that tank that’s right under the passenger door?!

Edited by Shortdawg67
  • Like 1

Hahaha, I’m not familiar with loves truck shop. So I can’t answer that. So that DOC (diesel oxidation catalyst) and DPF (diesel particulate filter) are all one unit under the passenger door. It looks like a kerosene heater haha. You will get to know these trucks pretty well once you buy one.  

Ok so cups/injectors are good. The only other real issue with these were injector hold downs and bull gear failures. You won’t know when that happens until it does….or you will hear a lot of noise in the backside of the engine and more as the engine speeds up. It’s a very expensive and labor intensive job. Timing gears are on the back of these engines. So alot has to come apart to fix it. The nut for the gear comes lose on them. 

Edited by Onyx610

Onyx the Unit is an 09. Vmac Off the top of my head about the engine hours I kinda forgot, BUT for 122k miles I DID look at the engine hours and seen it for myself that it is young. I will stop by later today and take a picture of that. Is there a way I can find out if the cups/injectors have been updated? Can I call the Mack dealer and give them the VIN to see if they have record on what’s been done to the Unit?