Lower radiator gasket issue

did you remove the radiator?  I have only done a few, but they were out of the truck, yes I had to remove a bunch of stuff including the front mounted PTO, but when it was done I didnt have to re-do the workand I was able to check condition and to see if it was straight, and then of course the prep work is the most important step..  I have no magic words,  just that...  jojo

• Like 1

No sir we changed the gasket with the radiator still in the truck.

That was the only thing wet and place that coolant was coming from.

2 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

did you remove the radiator?  I have only done a few, but they were out of the truck, yes I had to remove a bunch of stuff including the front mounted PTO, but when it was done I didnt have to re-do the workand I was able to check condition and to see if it was straight, and then of course the prep work is the most important step..  I have no magic words,  just that...  jojo

So the more I'm thinking here the worst is it possibly a headgastet? 

Did the system over pressurize and push the gasket out? 

The radiator cap looks factory but if it did over pressurize why wouldn't it of pushed out the cap? 

Sorry for rambling but just trying to think of a few possibilities.

We are 100% volunteer, 100% self funded, with quite a few mechanically inclined people within our department. So we'd love to fix this in house before sending it the a shop. 

do you have the coolant resvoir that is up on the stantion?  if so, its good,,  you can get one of those low cost funnels for filling radiators and it attaches to the tank like the cap, then you can fill the coolant up into the funnel, and run the engine and watch for bubbles in the coolant that is in the funnel..  7195894DMTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg