My tractor with Mack heart

francor94

Hello my name is franco rotunno I’m writing from venezuela in South America. Mack is by far the most popular truck brand here and half of the trucks you see at highway are Mack, olds r600 doing their job just right. Also the Mack engines are the most popular engines and parts to swap as I’ll show a big tractor I get from my grand pa a Cameco 405ag which he swapped a 675 Mack engine. It was my time to rebuild so I put a big turbo looks like hx50 5” intake exhaust. But I want to know or ask what are the difference between 675 and 676 engine what part can I swap between those engines to get more power and if a tip turbo helps me because a front Inter cooler is almost imposible. I’m looking to 350 hp. Because a tractor use a constant 2100 rpm all they long. 

DF23EDDE-58E6-4DE8-9F01-0753BE001A8C.jpeg

sweet install 237 ?the 285 350 type stuff will bolt on there for sure log as you got a doner vehicle! you run the risk of breaking the block if you try to take more than 350 out of it! In my mind your better off with a 285 maxidine set up for a tractor just me! the governor set up is more freindly for that kind of work! note to that when the hp increased on this block they added stifening webs between the main caps!

Edited by fjh

I beleive there are minor changes to each  progressivly fueling turbo  ect  Not a guru on this subject!  an  example  A v8 865 was a 325 maxidine 866 went to 375 with out the maxidyne  function ! I think the engine you have there is a 237 if it had a 6 sp trans behind it it would have been a Maxidyne  and with out it would have been a 235! again not a GURU! 

673 was a 237 ,250 turbo.  I've seen guys take them to 300 but not much more than that. 675 I believe is a 300. I know you can take 675 pistons and put them in a 673. 676 I believe is the tip turbine and I'm not sure what changed internally.  I do know the 676 comes as a 350hp as well as what they call a 285/315.

Hopefully someone else will chime in who knows a little more.