Bull gear failure MP8

ScottCHU613

I have a Bull Gear failure on 2008 Mp8 445k miles. Truck always started first crank prior to failure. After repair truck is slow to start 10-15 seconds and it finally kicks off. Shop is saying injector cups, I’m hesitant because if never had issue before putting it in shop. Any info or suggestions are welcome. Thanks 

pull the dog house cover and switch the cam sensor plug with the flywheel sensor plug.. they are the same type.. If the truck runs good but sounds rattly that is probably what it is.   I have been there before..  jojo

• Like 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ScottCHU613 said:

Thanks I’ll give it a shot. It almost seems like the fuel pump is not timed right. Once you get it running and shut it of it still takes 10-15 to get it to start 

agree with joe Check the cam sensor Replace it ! But  It really sounds like cups thou! Cam sensor from what we have seen here will start up clean no stumble ! cups will kind of sputter and stumble to a start! listen to it carefully ! Its possibly speaking to you! 😅

Edited by fjh

Ok..  all of the lower panels are linked.. you need a T-27 torx bit, and a 10mm chrome socket, preferably 1/4" drive, and a small can for the 20+ screws you are about to remove. I use a small snap-on battery gun to speed this along.. 

remove the chrome torks screws in the lower steering column cover (3 ea.)... then remove the panels around the pedals, then go to the pass. side and remove the big square panel. now you can remove the side panels around the doghouse. then the front panel.  then you will see 2 metal brackets, one on each side of the dog house, and a blanket covering the doghouse panel. remove the right bracket, then you can remove the blanket without tearing it... (It may already be torn).. now you will see metal doghouse cover, it has about (12) 10mm headed bolts, remove them. there is a row of bolts along the bottom edge, press down on the rubber floor mat to expose them. the cover is glued in place, so a small pry bar may be needed to get it out. now you will see the back of the valve cover, head and engine.. there are 4 plugs that are the same.  Cam sensor, Crank sensor, EGR valve and the 7th injector. The cam sensor is in the right side rear corner, its hiding back there, the crank sensor is at the top of the flywheel housing, it too is hiding.. Swap the plugs, and crank the truck. if it fires right up, you got it. run it up to Op. Temp to check it out.  if its good.. put it back together... jojo

Edited by Joey Mack

If you have trouble reaching in there to get the plugs, you can pull the cut out rubber section where the shift would be and pull the pan out,  more 10mm headed bolts.  I do it because I cant get my hands in there real good...  jojo

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

'V'  I recieved a PM on this topic, and thought I should copy + paste what I wrote back, so that others could see how to dissect the doghouse..  Thank you for the respect, Jojo

You deserve the respect, because you serve the community with humility. I enjoy reading your posts.

V

• Like 2