Trump rally

R.E.D

29 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

Yes sir !!!  I'm watching live on NEWSMAX , I'm in central N.C.  God Almighty,   I  Miss him as our President !!  Jojo

Yessir..I'm only 19 miles away from the rally..but yesterday the rear end had a ticking sound.. brought it in to get completely rebuilt..it was about time anyway..got it in today afternoon.too late to make it ...tons of people

which did you fix?  just curious. I put one in a '99 Granite last summer, (front),,  4 years ago I did the rear one in the same truck.. they had to weld the crack in the 'Banjo housing'.. anyway, just curious... jojo

And how the Hell did you get a rear end job done in a day? Did you have a rear end in your parts room?  No way someone built a rear end in one day,  :)  anyway,  Great job.... Jojo

• Like 1

Back one...I did the front one end of June 2021... Thursday I finished my day at around 5pm.yesterday morning took it off and had it rebuilt by 430pm...put it on today.. Houston has a truck hub, off mcarty street.. endless Miles of anything semi truck related.. including 4 or 5 gear train rebuilders..they work fast ...work has warranty as well so they work with diligence in order not to have warranty returns.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joey Mack said:

And how the Hell did you get a rear end job done in a day? Did you have a rear end in your parts room?  No way someone built a rear end in one day,  :)  anyway,  Great job.... Jojo

I was told as well that they stock mack parts , specially for common gear ratios like 4.17 and 4.42.i have 4.42 so I was in luck...

• Like 1

That is great...  the fastest we can get one built is 3 days, It's a good rebuild, and worth waiting for... I used to be a 'Mack' tranny and rear end builder many years ago, but Volvo made it a lost art, with the price and warranty of the unit's.  for example, when doing a tranny.... if one mating gear set had to be replaced, it instantly  made the re-build cost much more than a re-man, or even a "Re-Mack" unit....   Jojo

11 hours ago, R.E.D said:

Jojo ! This is very doable on a REAR if you got the equipment ! We have a parts washer ! This cuts the time immensely! Blo the diff to bits peal off the bearings Wash em inspect the case halfs and gears determine  the parts u need ! And This is the key , GOOD PARTS people pull and deliver your parts to your bench  start reassembly 6 hours to build it end to end sitting on a pallet! If you know your doing a gear set to start the parts guys can pull your bearings and gear bits for you to get you started on reassembly by the time your done stetting the top end, you can build the diff portion in an hour! If they got there shit together ! It Takes cooperation and team work but it can be done!   

• Like 1

I guess it's been a while..  I was a bit slower, back then. I would be done during the second day, and then install it.  So true about team effort and cooperation..  The last Dealer I worked at, had guys that would intentionally slow my process down. The head parts guy didnt like me because I come from the Northern United states, and now i'm in the South, doing a good job.. so he would delay or cancel my parts orders.  So I guess, for me, I was around too much drama to see what real teamwork looks like...  I still buy parts there, because they are 6 miles from my home, and that same guy still delays my orders.... so for the last few years, I stand in the lobby and call the Mack competitor, (that is 30 miles away) put them on speaker phone and see what kind of of price and service I can get for my customer...  That really chap's his a$$... Anyway, I appreciate your comments..  Jojo

• Haha 1

Hey R.E.D.   I bet there was a lot of excitement in youre area when President Trump came to town. I hope I get a chance to see him.  I expect him to come to Charlotte someday soon..  jojo

6 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Hey R.E.D.   I bet there was a lot of excitement in youre area when President Trump came to town. I hope I get a chance to see him.  I expect him to come to Charlotte someday soon..  jojo

Absolutely, everyone had been preparing for a while..the county I live in ( montgomery) is big supporter of Mr.trump.

• Like 1
  • Like 1