Truck ID

Truelove

It is the 1950 to c.1960 International Harvester Compfovision cab. Many people used it, but with the set back front axle and headlight mounting I am going to guess Hendrickson or Diamond T??? That is a shop built "Oilfield" front bumper and possibly the headlight brackets also??

Brocky

1 hour ago, Brocky said:

It is the 1950 to c.1960 International Harvester Compfovision cab. Many people used it, but with the set back front axle and headlight mounting I am going to guess Hendrickson or Diamond T??? That is a shop built "Oilfield" front bumper and possibly the headlight brackets also??

I thought international at first, but there was no badging at all. The ex mil tractor next to it had the axles chained, maybe to keep the axles from wrapping?.

The sign on the lot stated 'everything on this lot is for sale', at the time there was no room for this beast.

• 3 weeks later...

While browsing the net, I came across this IH.  It's an LD-305 made 1950-52.  It has the set back axle and the same vents in the hood but the grill has been changed.  My guess is IH made the original truck pictured. I looked a little further and found a 1957 RDF-320. It's real close.

1952-LD305-1024x685.jpg

DSC02423-1024x686.jpg

• Like 1