E7 350 Turbo lag

rhinoo

ok... at the bottom of the flywheel housing, there is a cover, rectangular or roundish.  5/16" bolt heads.. 6 of them or 2 of them. remove it... then look inside. the flywheel may be rusty,  sorry..  have a piece of emery cloth ready and when you roll the engine around, look carefully. when you see the markings through the rust,, buff it clean,,  do this to all of them.  the flywheel is divided in 3 .. if you need more help.. PM me and I will give you my phone #. then you can call me.. jojo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rhinoo said:

Got under truck this afternoon to try to find the marks on flywheel and pointer. The only think I saw was a part of bell housing that protrudes into the inspection hole. It would be a hole that possibly you look through but it had a metal plug in it and didn’t seem like it was going to come out very easily. But, maybe that’s not even the right thing?

Poat a photo of the bottom of the housing please.

glenn akers

8 hours ago, theakerstwo said:

Poat a photo of the bottom of the housing please.

This is not mine but looked the same. That part of housing that sticks out with a hole in it looks same as mine but mine had a steel plug in it. It didn’t seem if it were going to come out easily. 

066D35AA-AEC0-4663-9720-2EB292CEBAB1.jpeg

The steel plug is likly the pointer! some had a pointer pushed in the hole! Just use the center of the plug as your guide you will be fine it really is not rocket science! if you are off a little one side or the other on the Valve set marks It will likely not effect the Valve set that much! just follow the directions as jojo posted you'll be fine.

Edited by fjh
  • Like 1

ok.. you have an E-7...  the exk on them was .028"  the engine brake is set based on the turbo you have.. widen the picture so we can see the whole plate and get the number off the turbo tag..  probably an S400 SO41  schwitzer.... jojo

46 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

ok.. you have an E-7...  the exk on them was .028"  the engine brake is set based on the turbo you have.. widen the picture so we can see the whole plate and get the number off the turbo tag..  probably an S400 SO41  schwitzer.... jojo

No brake unfortunately. 

13 hours ago, rhinoo said:

Thanks for yalls help again. Found a couple exhaust valves that were a little tight but not bad. I think it should be ready for them big loads now. 😁

Glad I didn't set them valves they would have got set at 24 thou! Just cause that's how I always done it may not  have looked at the valve cover However if it says 28 then that's a not too tight 24 to me ! Did a set on a 3406 e once, cat provides a min max set 3 or 4 thou one way or the other in my mind is reasonable! I believe there is likely a plus minus factor built in to the spec Mack provides !

Just my opinion!

• Like 1