Mack trouble codes

Rfoster

if the lightning bolt is on, use the cruise control buttons to retrieve the code...  ?-? will be the code... ie: 8-1,,,  to do it..... cruise button off, then push down on the speed button and release, and the codes will start flashing.. have a pen and paper ready first...  jojo

gosh,,,,  powerleash celenoids have an o-ring in the base, when it fails it can cause the engine to run rough,  same if it is not installed correctly. How familiar are you with Mack engine brake heads?  

does it run poorly, whether the engine brake switch is on or off? just curiuos,,, is there a 2" spacer under the valve cover and the jake wire plugs into it, or is it just a valve cover and the wire plugs into it?

the lower exhaust bollt are open into the pushrod bores,, when they are not sealed good or just old, they bleed oil. the engine brake wires are on the left side above the intake manifold. 2 wires total.

4 hours ago, Rfoster said:

No spacer under valve cover according to the data plate on the truck it’s supposed to be a e7 427 I’ll see if I can find the plate on the engine 

Spacer looks like the one the picture attached .has a grommeted hole for the brake control wire.

Screenshot_20211119-121932.jpg

Edited by R.E.D

no spacer, you either dont have engine brakes or you have powerleash. the wire plug into the valvr cover on the left side's around cyl. #2 + #5..  "V" has a good point about fuel pressure.. put a gauge on the fuel outlet in the block and read it,  60-100 psi....  the wires for the engine brake run behind the water manifolds, and has a 90 degree plug end on it that plugs onto a small post that sticks out of the valve cover, or spacer depending on the engine you have..  jump up there and take a look...  pics. would be helpful.. for engine brake I.D.  the rough running part can be many things...  More guys will comment on this, so do youre best to be specific about the symptoms,,  keep in touch, jojo

Edited by Joey Mack
Poor spelling

Thank y’all for the help so far I’ll try to get pictures of the valve covers but I don’t see any wires to it I tried using the Jake brake and it didn’t do anything and as far as the running rough it has been idling fine lately but it still shuts off if you let it idle for a few minutes it will start right back up but when it shuts off a red circle with a x through it pop up in the dash and when I drive it today I noticed some blue/grey smoke when driving it does have some engine oil in the air tanks I can’t tell if it coming from the turbo or air compressor 

have you checked????   ALL.... of your fluid levels??  Have you checked all of the ground connections on the truck.? hell.... is the idle shut down setting turned on?  get it turned off.....  or if youre in the seat, when the light comes on, tap the throttle or push the clutch once....  you may have a 5 minute shutdown setting...    My guess is this is either youre first Mack, or youre first truck...  No problem if it is....   Jojo