Where to mount quarter fender posts ?

Larry H

Question

Bought new tire and am playing Russian roulette with my back window.  Need to get these quarter fenders mounted up to catch some of these rocks instead of the back of my cab. Looks like the crossmember bolt that is centered in the spring hanger would be the best bet, but I've seen some mounted on the back side of the spring hanger on the second bolt down. Gonna be running containers and bobtailing some so just trying to keep my window. Lol thanks for any input I appreciate it.

6 answers to this question

you can use a bolt in front of the spring hanger, The 1/4 fender can be moved to a spot where it functions and doesnt get hit with the trailer. mabey get a fender kit that requires you to drill the holes for the fender, or just drill your own .. some of the plastic fenders are all one piece and cant be modified easily... jojo

KIMG0664.JPG

I forgot to add..... what I have done to the metal fender post, is weld a 3"x3" piece of flat stock to the end that mounts to the frame, drill the 5/8" hole in the center, then mount it..  this will help keep the post from loosening up over time...   jojo

Thanks Joey mack I have a different setup on the spring hanger. Mine has three bolts on each side and two bolts in the center.  One level with the top spring hanger bolts and one centered above the leaf spring bolt. I have a hole where it looks like they had a pair on the rear axle but none on the front. Thought that was a little weird but it's the center hole above the spring bolt on the back held it up there and looks like a good spot not to high, but I was looking at the bolt in front of the spring hanger you showed also . I appreciate the help man thanks a lot!

• Like 1

you got this,  if you have a picture of the area you want to use, can you post it? im curious...   if not.... thats ok.. jojo

Edited by Joey Mack
Poor spelling