Replacing ceramic lifters with the steel lifters?

Joey Mack

It's funny Glenn...  I was just thinking about when I built 2, E-7's and an E-Tech on the floor at the dealership I was at, a few years ago,. I got some "opinions " from a few about my technique..... however I got them done and didn't have to re-do anything.  I know I can use my small shop to get it done...  Jojo

• Like 1

I also made attachments for mine,  5000lb. lift.. I cant live without mine!  I get it....  well, I have built a few here already, and I just need to organize my shop and 'tool-up'..  👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What engines have ceramic lifters, sounds like they could be problematic if not adjusted correctly. I have just purchased a EA7 454, to go in a R model and a guy mentioned that 365, 427 and 454 had different cams than the original 400. I know E6,  E9s and all earlier engines inside out but the E7 is new to me. 

the 454 is fine... 2002-2006, have ceramic lifters... they work well, but can not handle any shock, when one breaks, the cam lobe will be destroyed in a flash...  jojo

So after doing an inframe re-build, with another cam and re-man heads, and a PAI engine kit.... She purrs like a Dog!!!   we had some delays due to parts availabilty, so if any of you out there are planning on rebuilding/ repairing youre 'not very old' Mack..  do as much parts searching as you can before 'downing' the truck... on this one, the center exhaust manifold was cracked and Mack said, none til October.... I searched for a week and found nothing... then I just told him to take the manifold off his '96 E-7 and bolt it on for now..  It fit perfectly, without modifying the oil tube or rotating the turbo,,,  Joey