RD688S throw out bearing orientation

Onyx610

Hi, I didn’t take notice to the bearing orientation when the clutch was removed. First time doing a clutch on one of these and couldn’t find info on it. To save me time tomorrow and looking at another truck I was curious if someone could guide me in the right direction. Does the round side face down or the flat side? As usual all your help is greatly appreciated. 

D9A25C6A-12C0-4CE1-BE43-9B4361A862EA.jpeg

Edited by Onyx610
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot! I just wanted to ask before getting to far into it. Just got the flywheel back from machine shop. Trans is rebuilt and new clutch is ready to go in. We are doing away with the hose (Vogel system) as it wasn’t working properly and the hose was also cut. The new bearing has 3 grease fittings on it. I was also curious how to measure the gap between release fork wear pads and bearing. I have some “tools” for it but it seems to be very difficult with the Mack’s fork being “upside down”. 

Awesome information, thanks again you guys. I have heard so many different ways of doing this. I am going to give your way a shot sounds good to me! I’ll let you know how I make out with it. 🤞🏻👍🏻

Ok I will do that for sure. We have plenty of guys that like to push the pedal to the floor rolling down the road. Somehow the clutch brake tabs haven’t broken yet. Not sure how. I did grease both sides of the brake too.