gaskets valve cover for 673

. Years ago if I remember they were cork? I called Watt's and Cooks no soap any ideas I will have to do something the front spacer for the jake is weeping and making a little mess I would like to get the leak fixed before I go down to Macungie. Thanks

P.A.I. makes parts for the 673.  I have one in my shop now. I also buy from "AGKits.com". the book i posted was a printout that one of my favorite Mack parts guys printed for me. It's 125 pages..  It is loaded with part numbers, for almost all points on a truck...   Joey Mack

KIMG0511.JPG

KIMG0510.JPG

• Like 1

I got things taken apart and the lower gaskets that go between the block and jake spacer plate were good. I glued the rubber gasket on the spacer with the green cat cement. Both rubber gaskets that went between the jake spacer and the original valve cover were split lengthwise that was were the oil was coming out. I think there is too much pressure on the top gasket and it is splitting them. I'm going to do an experiment and try a different way of sealing the top cover.

Unfamiliar with the cat cement.  Proper procedure is to clean everything down, wipe it dry, position gasket, place Jake spacer on, position next gasket, make sure gaskets are properly positioned, set valve cover on, take the three bolts to the torque setting in the book.