05 aset ac460 water pump housing

Diesel89

Hello there, I'm new to the Forum. I hope I'm not barging in on a conversation at the wrong topic. I've recently got my front water pump housing tore down to replace with a new one, and a lot of the bolts seemed extremely hard coming out of the front cover - two of them were broken (fan hub bracket studs). Can anybody tell me if Mack recommends anti-seize on any of the accessory bolts in this cover?

Edited by Diesel89

• Diesel89 changed the title to 05 aset ac460 water pump housing

Hey diesel89,

I cant see were it would hurt any to do that, anti-seize is always a good friend of mine especially when bolts break, new ones normally turn gray before they go back in. If you have a tap and die set might want to clean the bolt holes up and the threads on the old bolts.

Good clean bolts with or without anti seize will work... they only torque to 33 lbft.. so I'm guessing someone put them in with a 1/2" gun before you got it...😃 Yes... chase the threads... jojo

Adding any lubricant to the bolts will change the torque value. If the OEM does not mention adding anti seize or lubricants to the threads I would advise against it. JoJo said it correctly, clean bolts is all that is needed. 

V