2000 cl713 460hp.

GreenGiant2

Is the e-7 460 the same block as my e-7 in my service truck with 6 individual unit pumps. Buying a 2000 cl713 with 460 and wondering if the spare engine i have has exchangeable parts.

Thanks gg2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

That's understandable.  Just wondering about major thing is block. Good to hear. Heads and turbo, understandable.  How about fuel. Same design for unit pumps. ? Good friend has a 460 and said he has different fuel set up

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

What year is the engine that is being sold and what year is the current engine in your truck? There are some slight changes that occurred (pre ccrs and ccrs engines). The fuel systems did change. Unit pumps are different (part# 313GC5230M) from this time frame because it was used with a new camshaft design. They are not interchangeable.

V

5 hours ago, Vmac3 said:

What year is the engine that is being sold and what year is the current engine in your truck? There are some slight changes that occurred (pre ccrs and ccrs engines). The fuel systems did change. Unit pumps are different (part# 313GC5230M) from this time frame because it was used with a new camshaft design. They are not interchangeable.

V

The new truck is a 2000 with 460. The spare i have is around a 2000 but not sure. Also it is a 315 hp maybe

The cam is "Degreed'ed differently. Low HP engine were retarded 3 degrees 350+400 hp were at zero degrees, 427 and up were advanced 3 degrees..  The offset cam key is painted red on one end and white on the other. Red is low power, white is Big power...  The zero degree key is straight.. ..When installing the key, the color you need faces out... (front)...Jojo