Trucking News: Q&A: How Ford Plans to Increase Commercial Vehicle Sales

BMT Forum Bot

I have noticed that the only 'trucks' Farley and Cannis ever mention are the F-150 and the Transit.  Maybe because those are the only profitable vehicles Ford manufactures?  Electrification is coming and it will be big, but I think these guys are putting too much emphasis on connectivity.  What can Ford do with connectivity that any other OEM can't also do?  I remember when connectivity in our company trucks was the 2 way Motorola.  Then it became the MDT computer dock.  Now it's a holder for an I-phone.....    

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RoadwayR said:

I have noticed that the only 'trucks' Farley and Cannis ever mention are the F-150 and the Transit.  Maybe because those are the only profitable vehicles Ford manufactures?  Electrification is coming and it will be big, but I think these guys are putting too much emphasis on connectivity.  What can Ford do with connectivity that any other OEM can't also do?  I remember when connectivity in our company trucks was the 2 way Motorola.  Then it became the MDT computer dock.  Now it's a holder for an I-phone.....    

Agree 100%.  Not so much on your profitability  comment as I  have to believe that they are not losing money on everything else.   But when you are grasping for something to differentiate you from the competition you will grasp at anything-even though there is nothing revolutionary about your product.