coolant pressure

mack88

My 87 E6 350 was pushing coolant out the over flow tube replaced air compressor last winter had heads redone with injectors i can let it idle all day wont do it but just when driving it its not much but enough to dampen the front wheel axle on the one side where the tube hangs down from the rad any where else air can enter the cooling system does have air shutters and air conditioning.

Not saying you don’t have problem but water level will be down couple inches from rim, it will puke out until it gets right.

only way I know to check system is to take belts off water pump, remove thermostat & fill water to highest water level. Crank and see if you have bubbles. If so you can put something in between water manifold to make them separate & see what head and same with compressor.

• Like 1

heads were were done and came back with no cracks valves were good coolant is down 1in. or so from neck bit of a head scratcher my other 350 E6 when heads were leaking it spit wet black soot out the exhaust but this one has never done that no coolant in the oil ive had it running and dont see bubbles in the rad.