1999 RD688S

I have a 1999 RD688s.  Started the truck last week and noticed the tach not working, then the accelerator also not working.   The truck was idling a little fast.   When I turned the truck off it took 15 to 20 seconds for the truck to shut off.  I called my local Mack dealer and they said throttle sensor under the accelerator pedal probably the culprit.  I ordered a new one and changed it.  No change in the truck.  Any suggestions?     

• 3 years later...
On 5/6/2020 at 21:40, JWales said:

Tengo un RD688 del año 1999. Arranqué el camión la semana pasada y noté que el tacómetro no funcionaba y luego el acelerador tampoco funcionaba. El camión estaba ralentí un poco rápido. Cuando apagué el camión, tardó entre 15 y 20 segundos en apagarse. Llamé a mi distribuidor local de Mack y me dijeron que el sensor del acelerador debajo del pedal del acelerador probablemente era el culpable. Pedí uno nuevo y lo cambié. No hay cambios en el camión. ¿Alguna sugerencia?     

Hello, did you find the problem?  The same thing is happening to me, what solution did you find?